Last Updated: January 9, 2017
Information We Collect on the Service:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, credit card or other billing information, your date of birth, geographic area, or preferences and we may link this information with other information about you. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with information when you register for an account (or when you connect your Google or other third party account with our Service), use the Service, make a purchase on the Service, or send us support-related requests and inquiries.This information may include personal financial information. When you register for an account, we will ask you to provide some basic information about yourself (such as your name, email address, and phone number). In order to provide certain services to you, we may need you to provide additional information. For instance, we may request additional information from you (e.g., your address, gross income, date of birth, and other identifying information) to facilitate pre-qualification for loans and other financial products we or our partners and service providers may provide. If we are able to facilitate your loan, we may need additional information (e.g., driver’s license or identity card information, bank account information, insurance information, and social security numbers) to verify your identity and qualification for the loan. If you are using the Service to sell a vehicle, we may collect information (including photographs of the vehicle) about the vehicle from you and from other sources, including state departments of motor vehicles.
We may also ask you to provide information about other people, such as co-applicants or guarantors, as necessary for providing our Service. You may be able to provide us some of this information by connecting your third party accounts to the Service (e.g., by connecting your email to the Service to obtain a co-applicant’s contact information).
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies on our Service as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described here regarding Google Analytics cookies. Informed does not process or respond to web browsers “do not track” settings or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our Site or who use our Service.We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information mayinclude your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the webpages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding yourinteraction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
Information We Collect on the Service:
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliverentries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
- We may also enable you to communicate with other users in connection with transactions facilitated through the Service (including through SMS or email). We use third party service providers to mask your phone number and email address in an effort to protect your privacy.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. We may provide means for you to update, correct, or delete account information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. Otherwise, if you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. We do not at this time offer you the ability to opt-out of our targeted marketing or advertising.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Third Party Services
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties, and we enable you to use our Service to send information to third party services (such as credit bureaus or lenders). Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com.
1 Bluxome Street, Suite 207
San Francisco, CA 94107